Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 03:47 PM

editing imported '.doc'

?? I imported a .doc file, then opened it in external program (word) via <CTRL>+J, changed the format of the .doc & re-saved.

Isn't the updated .doc supposed to appear in the item's detail page? If so, this didn't happen for me this time. What am I missing? Thank you.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Changes to an externally modified stored document are not synchronized into UR until File | Save (or Tools | Save All External Documents) is invoked, or when switching to another item and back, or exiting UR.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Changes to an externally modified stored document are not synchronized into UR until File | Save (or Tools | Save All External Documents) is invoked, or when switching to another item and back, or exiting UR.
Right. Here's the scenario: I imported a ".doc" file into URp. I opened it <CTRL>+J in 'Word'. Made my format changes & File | Save in 'Word'. Switched to another topic & back -- nothing. However, opening ".doc" again via <CTRL>+J shows ".doc" w changes. So where did I go wrong?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

If you're not using Word to edit .doc files internally within UR (Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view), the details pane will only show the document's unformatted text (if 'Tools | Options | Editor | Show item text for documents with no viewer' is checked).
Old 04-26-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
If you're not using Word to edit .doc files internally within UR (Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view), the details pane will only show the document's unformatted text (if 'Tools | Options | Editor | Show item text for documents with no viewer' is checked).
Thanks for the fast reply. ".doc" was not one of the extensions in the browsser. After making that change URp now opens 'Word' w the '.doc' file loaded in it. The file is never seen within URp.

Instead of importing file, if I open file outside of URp & paste as rtf file, then I can see it inside URp. I can also edit via <CTRL>+J & safe to URp where I can see the changes.

Last edited by janrif; 04-26-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1042