Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 05:03 AM

Vista Issues with 3.04

Not sure of the current support for Vista with Ultra Recall but noticed a few issues with 3.04.

- When I pop the calendar using alt-c, specifically when I'm adding dates to an item attributes the calendar Insert button does not work. The sizing of the calendar popup also doesn't seem correct. The dropdown calendars from other parts of the interface seem to work fine however.

- The database toolbar doesn't seem to work correctly. I've configured 'show only one when database toolbar is enabled' however it always seems to open a new Ultra Recall window and the original window doesn't show the new database opened.

Wasn't sure whether these were known or whether Vista compatibility was being worked on.

Thanks
Darren
Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Re: Vista Issues with 3.04

Quote:
Originally posted by dsyzling
Not sure of the current support for Vista with Ultra Recall but noticed a few issues with 3.04.

- When I pop the calendar using alt-c, specifically when I'm adding dates to an item attributes the calendar Insert button does not work. The sizing of the calendar popup also doesn't seem correct. The dropdown calendars from other parts of the interface seem to work fine however.
That works in our tests. Are you inserting into an editable database and an editable Date attribute? You may need to resize the calendar pane on Vista to show everything (see attached screenshot).

Quote:
- The database toolbar doesn't seem to work correctly. I've configured 'show only one when database toolbar is enabled' however it always seems to open a new Ultra Recall window and the original window doesn't show the new database opened.
That works as expected here as well (only one Windows taskbar entry is displayed for UR with multiple databases open). Can you post or send a screenshot or describe what isn't working in more detail?
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2007, 03:42 AM

Regarding the popup Calendar, yes adding to an editable database and item - this worked fine with XP. It seems to have an issue with the mouse selection. If I use the keyboard, select a date and then tab to the insert button the date is inserted into the item correctly. If I use the mouse, both the insert and copy buttons within the calendar popup are completely inactive - they just don't register the click event.

On the multiple database toolbar issue. I seemed to have cleared the problem by turning on the database toolbar, exiting the application, restarting and then opening a second database. Previously just turning on the toolbar and immediately opening a second database would open a second instance without updating the toolbar.

Darren
Old 04-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Administrator

It works ok via the mouse or keyboard here on Vista and XP. What do you mean by the buttons are inactive? Are they disabled or enabled but non-responsive? Can you send a screen recording that demonstrates the problem?
Old 04-28-2007, 03:48 AM

No buttons are not disabled just non-responsive when using the mouse, fine with the keyboard. See attached screen shot.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Try sizing the Calendar pane smaller vertically (as shown in the previously posted screenshot).
Old 04-30-2007, 08:51 AM

Yep that works - resized vertically until the grey section was behind the buttons and then the mouse click worked fine.

Thanks for the work around.

Darren