Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] User Tips, Tricks and Samples

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 AM

Thank you all for your assistance. I'll have a play with these ideas over the next few days.

One other thought occurs. It seems to me I only need to link to ONE of the files in a directory to be able to see ALL the files in that directory when I issue the "Open Containing Folder" command. Does that open up the possibility of having a single linked "marker" file for each directory? I can then change the directory contents in any way I like and need only preserver the marker file....

Stephen
Old 06-05-2008, 05:29 PM

Photo solution found (maybe)

If you open a photo in, say, Microsoft Photo Editor (NOT paint tho, won't work), you can select an area of the photo, copy it, go to your database and paste it in a text item....

Now, there are lots of clippers (desktop image clippers) that could take a picture of your thumbnail in explorer, keep it as a .jpg, then to the trick above....
(A desktop image clipper is a program that let you select an area of your dekstop and clip it, instead of the Prt Scr that takes an image of the whole desktop)

Voilą.

Just an idea.

Tom
Old 06-06-2008, 03:14 AM

Tom, thanks for that. Yes, I find that a good way to do things too, and often paste into a note using CaptureWizPro.

Of course, what I would really like is native thumbnails within UR, so that UR can be used as a media (as well as at text) library.

I think that if UR is to be a hold-all for everything, it must include photos, and if so, they must be thumbnailed....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: