Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-02-2007, 11:48 AM

UR Views: What is best way to create them?

Dear Kinook,
I have 2 folders, first contains contacts and a 2nd containing system credentials. Also, I have the child items pane docked at bottom.

When I click on folder 1, I customized the fields showing in the child items window so that it shows me all fields I want (that is item attributes like first name, last name, ...etc).

Now, when I click on the system credntial folder 2, I see fields shown for folder 1 i.e. contact related fields.

How do you customize it so that clicking on each folder shows you fields representing my selected set of that item's attributes?

Thank you
Old 08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Customize the columns of each item as desired. When columns are customized, those customizations are specific to the selected item.

Right-clicking on the column header and choosing 'Set as Default' can be used to assign those customizations to the item's template (applying to all items based on that template which haven't been individually customized), while 'Restore Defaults' can be used to revert an item with individually customized columns to the template-level settings. These options are only available on the right-click menu if an item's columns have been customized and aren't using the template-level settings.

I see that these details are not documented in the help, which will be rectified.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:19 PM

this is amazing how customizable UR is. The more I use it the more I found out about its hidden features.

Your method works perfectly.

Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: