Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 05-19-2004, 12:32 PM

Exclamation Problems running through terminal services.

I connect to my windows 2000 build machine (which has visual build 5.3) through terminal services. Recently I have noticed that if i disconnect a session that has visual build open, I can never log back into that session. In fact trying to do so will usually crash the terminal services service. I don't seem to have this problem with any other application on this box, anyone else have this problem???
Old 05-19-2004, 03:11 PM

Hmm, I do that all the time (using the Remote Desktop feature of Windows XP Pro). I also tested the same type of functionality with Windows 2000 Server with Terminal Services in Remote Management mode and Application Server mode. All the above scenarios worked perfectly. I don't have any non-default security settings on my Terminal Service enabled Win2K server, so obviously there a lot of potential configurations that I haven't tested.

Can you provide more detail about your configuration (specifically of your terminal services config) and attempt to verify that this problem only occurs in relation to Visual Build Pro?

BTW, are you leaving the Visual Build Pro instance idle (not currently executing a build) or actually processing a build? If the latter, what type of build activity are you doing (building projects, copying files, ??).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: