Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 04-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Numbering data items ?

I have a movie database that I want to number all the entries so I can put the number on the dvd so I can find them easily.

I need numbers with no gaps in there sequence if possible plus auto numbering would be best

Can the attribute itemID be shown next to an item in data explorer?

Can the itemID be edited?

Or can the itemID be shown by itself as a small window?

Or does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

I believe I could do what I want with macro express entering numbers into UR, but would have liked to do it with UR if possible.

As a related issue, I still would also like word excel etc not to steel focus in UR, it is such a nuisance if I want to browse down the data explorer one after the other having to re-focus.
A fix for this would be wonderfull.

Last edited by eno; 04-13-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:37 AM

I'm a big fan of UR, it's very diverse, but obviously cannot do everything. Cataloging of DVD's is one of the last few things I do outside of UR.

I can highly recommend www.whereisit-soft.com, perfect for DVD cataloging, imports from IMDB, scans, thumbnails, basically everything you'd expect ... you can then export to CSV and easily import to UR if you wish.

But it would be nice if this could be done inside of UR easily. We'd need drive scan, attribute that is allowed to have only unique values, attribute with auto-incrementing, thumbnail creation, importing from external data providers, ...

Last edited by quant; 04-13-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:15 AM

quant sorry for not replying sooner

I tried "whereisit" but it wasnt for me I already have a CD DVD cataloging program "Advanced CATaloguer Pro" that I list all my archive disks in and for me it works fine.

What I wanted with my movie database was to keep record of films recorded on my TV DVD recorder but I dont name the disks when recording / editing which prehaps I should.

With UR it did all I wanted and I could find details very quickly.

BUT in the end using word within UR I had the problem of losing focus from the data explorer and this has killed the idear for me, because I could not simply browse down the list of films without each data item steeling focus.

Being able to use word in UR is a huge benifit as is being able to open excel spredsheets and pdf files.

I know it is not a fault of UR but third party programs like word etc., but a fix for this problem if it could be done by Kinook would help UR a lot. The other problem of not being able to easily have an auto-incrementing number that I could edit did not help.

I have finally purchased Movie Collector by collectorz that did all I wanted.

I hope Kinook will find a fix for the focus problem so word and pdf files will not loose focus when browsing as I am sure others must find this annoying.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: