Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 10-23-2009, 04:48 AM

Suggestion: add full text search option

Because ultra recall quick search cannot work properly with the dbcs chars, so when i hope to search something, i must always use full text search, click advanced, select item text wild match the *text*, then click start. if there is full text search option, that's great!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Administrator

In UR 4.1.0.5 (just uploaded), we made one improvement: with full-text search enhancements enabled, a quick search of *text* will perform a 'matches wildcard' search to match on text within words (previously only text* was supported to match at the beginning of a word).
Old 10-26-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
In UR 4.1.0.5 (just uploaded), we made one improvement: with full-text search enhancements enabled, a quick search of *text* will perform a 'matches wildcard' search to match on text within words (previously only text* was supported to match at the beginning of a word).
Thanks, that's great, but not what i want.
Because the full-text search enhancements doesn't works well with the chinese character, but i want to use the quick search function, so the only way is turn off the FTS, then turn every whole chinese character sentence into keyword, and i can using quick search by input "*...".
Old 10-26-2009, 08:07 PM

I have tried the new "*text*" search with FTS enabled in v4.1.0.5, it's works great and more faster than the full-text search without FTS enabled. thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: