Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 12-02-2008, 03:03 PM

German language

Hello,

it was asked maybe 1 year ago, but here it is again: do you plan to offer a german version (GUI and doku)? I am speaking English, but when going into the depths of Ultra Recall, it would be good to have it all in your own language.

BR,
Peter.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:21 AM

I am also for German language in ur
Old 12-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Most text within UR can be translated by the user (see http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3873). We are also considering making the pane titles customizable and allowing renaming of system attributes within UR.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Most text within UR can be translated by the user (see http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3873).
Playing around and trying to translate the menus to german, I found that all right-click-menus cannot be translated. Is this correct?

I also realized that the translated texts of all menus will be lost when updating UR to a newer version. Seems that the texts are saved in the corresponding layoutX.dat files in %APPDATA%\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall. I wonder if these layoutX.dat files can simply be backed up and restored after a minor software update - or will this screw up some menu functions which may have changed with the updates?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by pawe
Playing around and trying to translate the menus to german, I found that all right-click-menus cannot be translated. Is this correct?
Tools | Customize | Menus, in the 'Select context menu' field, choose a menu, then right-click an item in the popup menu to customize.

Quote:
I also realized that the translated texts of all menus will be lost when updating UR to a newer version. Seems that the texts are saved in the corresponding layoutX.dat files in %APPDATA%\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall. I wonder if these layoutX.dat files can simply be backed up and restored after a minor software update - or will this screw up some menu functions which may have changed with the updates?
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=2935
Old 02-25-2009, 03:50 AM

Oh oh... once more everything was already there before. Thanks for the hints. I'll post my german translation when it is finished.
In fact sometimes I wished UR had an easier, more appealing interface (I also think this is a main obstacle to spreading this software wider). But there's just nothing as powerful and versatile like UR out there. Keep it on running!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: