Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 PM

Question Hypertexting into a document/infoitem

Thank you Kinook for adding the (wiki) linking feature that some of us asked for in version three-but you did not go
far enough. It allows you to link to a web page or to a file/folder/infoitem. You left out the really powerfull part of
this type of hypertexting: branching to specific information within an infoitem without resulting to hit-or-miss
searching.

OK, I have a long document of about 200 paragraphs, on the second paragraph I have two words. One word refers
to a definition on paragraph number 89, and the second, to paragraph number 151. Can I click on these hypertext
words to jump immediatelly to this information with Ultra Recall or do I result to a 'hit-or-miss search process'
here? The answer is no you can not hypertext words in UltraRecall in order to find information within a document.
I have not noticed it, yet. It's funny and frustrating how a lot of less capable PIM's out there allow you to do just that.

This means that I can not create a table of content with hypertext links that can refer to other parts of a long
document. It means that I can not refer to information that I might have to reference frequently. It means that I
can not click on a reference or term in one location of a document and find a more detailed definition or
information in the same document or another document. It means that you can not drill down to any atomic type of
information within Ultra Rcall efficiently. Can someone tell me what it is that I am missing here?

I am still waiting:

Last edited by Jakem mazon; 04-04-2007 at 10:27 PM.