Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 AM

TB email will not open in UR

Thunderbird 3 email messages will not display in the URp browser. I have tried putting the eml and nws extensions where the documentation said as well as trying where you suggested to another user... NO luck. The messages open in Thunderbird no matter if they are TB2 or TB3 messages,
Anne
Old 11-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Administrator

If you have .eml and .nws added to 'Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view,' and Windows is configured to open those file extensions in Thunderbird, IE/Windows (hosted in UR for the internal browser view) will show the message in Thunderbird. That's not something we have control over -- it's configured in Windows.

If you remove .eml and .nws from the above option and add it to 'Tools | Options | Documents | File extensions to display in MIME viewer,' UR will show the message in its internal MIME viewer (text format messages only).
Old 11-04-2010, 06:07 PM

1. I followed the below message and it works. I had added the eml and nws to the string earlier not realizing it was already in the middle of the string so when I removed nws and eml the original was still there. I should have looked more closely.

"If you remove .eml and .nws from the above option and add it to 'Tools | Options | Documents | File extensions to display in MIME viewer,' UR will show the message in its internal MIME viewer (text format messages only)."

2. What I do not understand was the other part of your message shown below... because my Win7 IS set to open
eml file extensions yet all I did was follow your instructions about placement of the extensions into the internal MIME viewer and I am able to see the emails as text ? What am I missing?

"If you have .eml and .nws added to 'Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view,' and Windows is configured to open those file extensions in Thunderbird, IE/Windows (hosted in UR for the internal browser view) will show the message in Thunderbird. That's not something we have control over -- it's configured in Windows.

3. QUESTION - Is UR able to display email messages and still be able to click on links and work? I guess what I mean is to have the email stored as I got it.

AGAIN, Thanks for the help... Anne

<b>NEWS</b>.................... I am finding that "SOME" of my email messages still open into thunderbird... ??????

Last edited by Anne; 11-04-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Administrator

The links aren't clickable when the MIME viewer is used to display a message, but the original message is stored in UR. You may need to use Ctrl+J (Item | Open Document) to view the message in Thunderbird with all formatting and links.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:27 PM

Thanks, I guess I was just hoping :-)
Have any idea about the problem of "SOME" of the emails are still opening in TB ? Some of these emails are several years old now and have worked before as I refer to them often when setting up machines. Anne
Old 11-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Not really. Can you ZIP and send a database with one or two of the problem emails (see #5a at http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3038)? Thanks.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 AM

Did you ever find out why some messages open in UR and some open externally in Thunderbird? I'm now having that problem after moving UR to a new computer. The messages always opened in UR before.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:34 AM

Still does the same for me. It will work for a while (viewing TB messages in UR) and suddenly without changing anything knowingly it stops working. Currently TB messages/.eml files do not open internally for me in UR.

I had .eml and .nws listed in 'Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view and both extensions configured in Windows to open in TB.

Now I'm using Outlook 2010 again and neither Outlook nor .eml files will open internally in UR. This feature has worked on and off for me since I started with UR in 2008.

Jim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: