Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 02-17-2009, 03:22 PM

scripts fail after migration to new server

Hello,

After migrating my VisBuild 7 scripts to a new server, the scripts are now failing, and this appears in the log:

No VSS database (srcsafe.ini) found. Use the SSDIR environment variable or run netsetup.

I pass the location to srcsafe.ini in the script (srcsafe.ini being on another, networked machine), so I'm not sure what environmental factor on the new server is contributing to this. (And why would it now ask me to use the SSDIR environment variable?)

Could it be that I did something incorrect during installation? Thanks for any insight, as I'm quite puzzled...
Old 02-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Administrator

It's a SourceSafe issue--the SourceSafe action invokes the VSS command-line executable (ss.exe) to perform a SourceSafe operation, and that is what is reporting the error message. The SourceSafe action does set the SSDIR environment variable to the path specified in the Database field before invoking ss.exe. It looks like the database path specified is not accessible or doesn't contain a VSS database. You can check the 'Log command-line...' option on the Advanced tab, rebuild and include the ss.exe command-line when contacting MS support.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:02 PM

Thank you for your response. Logged onto the server as the user who is executing the script, I can access the sourcesafe server, verify that there is a VSS share, and that srcsafe.ini does indeed exist.

Also, all looks proper with the command line that is logged.

Could there be some other permissions issue that I need to address with my network admin?

Thank you again.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure. Based on the error message, the most likely explanation would be that the path it is pointing to does not contain a srcsafe.ini. To verify, you might add a Run Script step before the SourceSafe step with code like this:

Code:
If vbld_FSO.FileExists("<path from Database field of SourceSafe action>\srcsafe.ini") Then
	Builder.LogMessage "srcsafe.ini found"
Else
	Builder.LogMessage "srcsafe.ini not found"
End If

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: