Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-10-2021, 12:20 PM

How to open database in new/second window?

(i.e. the same database (?) or another database, the latter is what I search for, the former is probably not possible anyway, in order to avoid problems)

google search ("Ultra Recall" "new window"; ditto for "second window"), forum search and help search have not been successful for me; that UR calls panes "windows" doesn't help either for this search.

Options - Misc. - Allow opening multiple instances (I suppose this is the basic condition for this, so I toggled this ON).

File - Open > in this (MS Windows) dialogue, there is NO option "in new window", so it opens in a new tab

View - Other Windows > just other PANES here

Window - Next/Prev Database only here, no "New Window"

Rightclick on Database tab > NO "Open in new window" here

I know it is possible since I had two UR databases in two windows on the very first day of my 6.0 trial, but I don't get to it anymore. Also searched Options and Quick Options.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Each database is always opened in a separate window. You may want to set 'Tools | Options | General | Windows taskbar entries' to 'Always one for each open database'.

https://kinook.com/UltraRecall/Manual/generaldialog.htm
Old 06-11-2021, 04:09 AM

Oh, thank you so much, my mistake, I hadn't made the connection, had even tried the taskbar setting with "One for all when database toolbar displayed" which didn't help either.

In fact, when in other programs there are different windows open, you must go by the taskbar, which is VERY annoying, but in UR, the tabs of the database toolbar - in the setting "Always one for each open database" - work BOTH for the databases on the current position (e.g. "db1" and "db2") AND for any other database of which the window has been replaced, as to be side-by-side for example; moving JUST the "current" database window works fine then (while with the two other taskbar settings, the different windows all are in the SAME position always, and thus will be moved in sync, thus cannot be placed side-by-side).

This is a(nother) brilliant solution of UR's, you set "Always one for each open database", you display the database toolbar, and then, without caring for the (visually combineable) taskbar buttons, you navigate between databases just from within the database toolbar (identical in every UR window then and even assignable to shortcuts for "previous/next", etc.), independently of the windows' respective positions.

Perfect! (Just not evident enough for me before.) Thank you again, couldn't be done any better!

Tags
instances , windows

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: