Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-06-2007, 08:30 AM

Scroll bars (when item has a form)

Just a small annoyance. This applies to items with forms.

- even though item doesn't have "enough" text (this seems to be hardcoded, I don't know, maybe a standard A4 with x lines), there is a scroll bar. This can make you think that there is some text which you don't see so you scroll down ... to find out that there is nothing.
- to actually scroll down, mouse wheel doesn't work in this case. (maybe a good indication that there really isn't anything, but this is not necessarily the case)
- when you add "enough" text, the second scroll bar appears, but it doesn't work until you refresh
- now you have 2 scroll bars, which I find, to say the least, unintuitive
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2007, 10:03 AM

quant,

The outter scroll bar (for the Detail Pane) shows up if you have View | Status Bar selected.

The inner scroll bar doesn't show up until there is text in the Detail Text Area that exceeds the visible area available (due to Form height or length of text).

This is how it's working on my system.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ashwken
The outter scroll bar (for the Detail Pane) shows up if you have View | Status Bar selected.
this doesn't make any difference in my UR (frankly, I don't see why it should or could)

Quote:
[i]The inner scroll bar doesn't show up until there is text in the Detail Text Area that exceeds the visible area available (due to Form height or length of text).[/B]
the point is, that it doesn't work this way, ... "visible area" is not really visible!

Case 1:
there is no text, but the outer scroll bar exists!
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2007, 10:23 AM

Case 2:
The same picture as above, but now I actually wrote a text in the bottom part of the appointment. But no inner scroll bar appears, so what you define as visible, is not visible.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:28 AM

Case 3:
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 AM

OK, it would seem that the outter scroll is going to show up whenever the Detail Pane is not fully exposed, i.e. full height.

In the example I mentioned (and not fully explained): two panes are open, Data Explorer on the left, Detail Pane on the right, and View | Status Bar is selected. By revealing the Status Bar this limits the Detail Pane from becoming full height, thus the outter scroll bar is revealed.

The same is true for the screen shot you supplied, by positioning the Child Pane below the Detail Pane, the height of the Detail Pane has been restricted and the scroll bar is revealed.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ashwken
The same is true for the screen shot you supplied, by positioning the Child Pane below the Detail Pane, the height of the Detail Pane has been restricted and the scroll bar is revealed.
Yes. My question is, WHY is the item page length hardcoded? Page length should be, by definition, given by the position of the lowermost text or whatever in the item detail (or by the form length if no text is there).
So there should appear a SINGLE scroll bar in the case that this lowermost text (or form size if no text) is lower that the size of current item details pane length.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
Yes. My question is, WHY is the item page length hardcoded?
Yes, I wondered about that also when Forms were introduced.

From the Help File:
The Form Viewer will also include the item's detail viewer (for the item's text, document, web page, etc.) below the form if the form contains 25 or fewer rows of fields.

As nice as it is to have Forms, you're still restricted in the amount of data that can be placed, especially if you also want access to the Detail Viewer Area.

Hopefully, these limitations can be addressed in the future.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:07 AM

BUG

on top of it, the standard appointment form gone crazy (see the empty space at the top) ... now I couldn't even scroll to the bottom of my item at all. Refreshing solved it, but ...
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Which version of UR are you running? There was a fix for something like that in v3.2.5 (reported in http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3001). If you're using the latest version, what steps result in this behavior?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:04 PM

latest ...

had a bullet list in there and was adding items to it, now it happens that by adding you don't see what you are actually writing (see screeshots in this post), so I wanted to use the scroll bar, moved it down but still couldn't see the bottom of what I just have typed, so I moved scroll bar to the top and seen what I've posted here ...

And just now, navigated to this item and UR returned "unhandled expection ..." ... and closed, grrr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: