Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 06:00 PM

Thumbs down its too hard to move panes

dragging and dropping panes from one location to another is indicated to be simple - in reality its not - I find it necessary to jiggle around for too long with the window/panel being moved to the point where you see the sort of shadow in the background which indicates its now ready to drop into the position you want... to "locate" that pane ready-to-drop "shadow" is a tricky business - too fiddly...
Old 02-19-2007, 06:25 PM

Dont agree, quite on the contrary, I think it cannot be more straightforward. Straight after you pick something, the arrows appear, and when you get to another window, another four way arrow appears. By pointing to the arrow you can see your's pane/window new-to-be location (shaded), and that's it ...
Old 02-19-2007, 06:37 PM

all potentially true - but for me - the shading is ephemeral - and really tricky to get it to appear where i want it..
Old 02-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Re: its too hard to move panes

Quote:
Originally posted by igoldsmid
dragging and dropping panes from one location to another is indicated to be simple - in reality its not - I find it necessary to jiggle around for too long with the window/panel being moved to the point where you see the sort of shadow in the background which indicates its now ready to drop into the position you want... to "locate" that pane ready-to-drop "shadow" is a tricky business - too fiddly...
That has been my eperience. Smetimes it is easy -- other times it is tougher to get it reight. There needs to be a better way.

Daly
Old 02-21-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
Dont agree, quite on the contrary, I think it cannot be more straightforward. Straight after you pick something, the arrows appear, and when you get to another window, another four way arrow appears. By pointing to the arrow you can see your's pane/window new-to-be location (shaded), and that's it ...
I see the four arrows but the problem for me is the pane doesn't stick. Then there are other things as well. For example at one point I had the calendar at the bottom as a tabbed pane to children. The calendar pane showed 3 months -- makes sense -- but then it disappeared & I can't duplicate it again. Despite all the moving symbols, I still find it all a little mysterious. Sometimes a dbl click helps the process. Maybe you can explain exactly how you do it. Thank you.