Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

View Poll Results: My opinion
I like the Dashboard feature. 0 0%
I can live without it. 2 100.00%
I suppose it's extraneous. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2008, 11:07 PM

Feature Request--Consolidated Appointments + Tasks

Appointments and Tasks are, arguably, the most time sensitive and mission-critical categories of Info Items in URD. We attached both Appointments and Tasks freely to nearly any Info Items as spoiled by UR. As such, here comes the ensuing trouble: it's tormenting and time-consuming, though doable, to locate all Appointments and Tasks scattered and populated across all folders and all URDs to cover our both personal and professional life. As a matter of fact, with the current version, it's not possible to search appointments and tasks across URDs. At the end of the day, we lose direction and prospective of the Appointments and Tasks. For example, with the current version, it's impossible to detect the overlapping (conflict) between a board meeting and a court hearing if both are scattered in two URDs.

The enormous search (recall) power and more is available in UR. Such power will benefit and salvage UR users from miserable chaos by systematically presenting Appointments and Tasks in a visually orderly manner. I believe Dashboard is the solution.
Dashboard should empower UR users by:
1. Automatically collect all Appointments + Tasks across all URDs of interest (user-definable, of course).
2. Save the said collection in a URD managed by UR for background rapid indexing and retrieval.
3. Allow users to define Dashboard templates (Views)--Overdue Tasks, Tomorrow Appointments, Completed Tasks/Appointments, Anniversaries, Someday/Maybe Tasks, Appointments/Tasks to be carried out on Computer,....etc.
4. Allow users to directly modify Appointments and Tasks such as Begin Time and Reminder in Dashboards.

To all UR users, do you like the Dashboard idea? Please share your thought with us. Thanks in advance.

Armstrong

Last edited by armsys; 05-22-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:02 AM

might be good idea, but I would prefer full featured calendar/ more recurrence options/reminders per date-time attribute/being able to "call" reminder dialogue and see items with pending reminder/being able to set exact snooze date-time ... before that ;-)
Old 05-22-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
might be good idea, but I would prefer full featured calendar/ more recurrence options/reminders per date-time attribute/being able to "call" reminder dialogue and see items with pending reminder/being able to set exact snooze date-time ... before that ;-)
Then, what if your appointments and tasks are scattered across multiple URDs? What if the reminders of your appointments and tasks are more purpose-focusedm rather than ALL reminders?
Armstrong
Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 PM

Perhaps the idea should be vaporized for the moment.
Armstrong

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: