Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you use Ultra Recall?
Archive Repository 3 50.00%
Integration Point 3 50.00%
Virtual Workspace 2 33.33%
Data Collection Tool 5 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2007, 05:28 PM

Question How do you use Ultra Recall?

I'm trying to get an idea of how best to use Ultra Recall (new user). Reading the manual lets me know what CAN be done, but I'm interested in what WORKS for users of UR....

Which of the below situations best describes how you use UR?

a) I use UR as an archive repository. I don't necessarily work within UR. Primarily, I put stuff into UR because I know I can leverage it's search capability to find what I need later.

b) I use UR as an integration point. I use the document templates extensively, and I have links to my other applications so I can launch them from within Ultra Recall. I tend to keep my documents on my hard drive and link to them instead of storing them in UR.

c) I use UR as a virtual workspace. I create document templates for all the types of content I need and then create documents while inside UR and use the F11 key to work on an item in full view. I even do some MS Outlook item work from within UR and use synchronization (v3 feature). I store everything I create within UR to take advantage of compression and a single file to hold my content.

d) I collect all information and place it inside UR. I'm a big fan of the custom form ability in version 3 and have started creating forms to let me enter my data and store it directly in UR attribute fields.

So, which type of UR user are you? Some combination of the above? Describe how you use UR to make a difference in your work!!

Last edited by PIMfan; 03-09-2007 at 07:41 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: