Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 05-19-2005, 08:31 AM

managing attributes

I have created over 3 dozen custom attributes to help me track articles.

1) Is there any way to copy attributes AND their values from one document to another? I have two different articles about the same person published on different days but 90% of the custom attribute values are the same. If not, is there a way to print the values related to the attributes so I can just type them in again instead of scouring the article a second time?

2) Is there a way to change the order in which the custom attributes appear? For example, I have a 'before' and 'after' on the list. Alphabetically, 'after' comes first but I really want 'after' to come, well, after.

I found the Choose Columns dialog and it allows you to change the order within the dialog but doesn't affect the order in the attributes pane.

Thanks,
Amei

Last edited by LuffmanA; 05-19-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:37 AM

exporting attribute values

I figured out how to export to CSV. This isn't the greatest but will work in a pinch. If there is a better way to do it, please let me know.

Is there any way to get the Notes to export as well?

Amei
Old 05-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Administrator

The next release of Ultra Recall (Version 1.3 - Code Name "Lawton") will include extended printing options that may meet your printing needs.

See http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=993 for more details on the roadmap for future versions of Ultra Recall.

To answer your previous questions:

1) There currently isn't a way to copy the attributes (and their values from one Info Item to another, but this capability has been added to our todo list).

2) Currently there isn't a way to reorder the display of attributes in the Item Attributes Pane.

3) The next version of Ultra Recall (mentioned above) will also have much enhanced import/export capabilities that provides the capability requested (the ability to export notes in csv exports as well as other formats (such as XML).
Old 05-24-2005, 02:43 PM

Lightbulb workaround for attribute order

Two of the attributes that I wanted to have in order were...

status (before)
status (after)

or, more correctly... "status[space](before)"

Since attributes are alphabetized by default I ended up with 'after' first in my list.

In order to make '(before)' appear before '(after)' I have added another space....

"status[space][space](before)"
"status[space](after)"

So now it looks like...

status (before)
status (after)

Not the perfect solution but it will have to do until something better is available. At least I have them in the order I need them in now.

Amei

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: