Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 PM

"Full text search" for Chinese text not working properly

Great! UR 3.03!

But for dbcs char like Chinese character, advanced search "Item text match wildcard *xxxx*" doesn't get the correct result. And the menu command "Edit/Find in item" can(I think it's function of RichEdit) find the correct text, but it can only find in one item. So for dbcs text, "auto-generated keyword" cann't be generated correctlly, and "Full text search" cann't work properly, it's really hard to find something in dbcs text.

Last edited by slangmgh; 03-28-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:37 PM

How many characters or symbols are in the average Chinese word? Are any valid auto-generated keywords assigned to imported/entered items with Chinese text? Is the inability to keyword and search for Chinese text new to version 3.0 or has this been an issue with prior versions as well?

We don't have any Chinese speaking developers here, it would be helpful if you could provide a sample .urd file containing some Chinese text info items and saved searches that you would expect to work with any notes necessary to explain the sample (in English please ).

Please zip and email any sample .urd files to support@kinook.com.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM

In general, a chinese keyword contain 2-7 chinese character, mostly 2-4. The auto-generated keyword is useless, because it can not find right separator of chinese words.

It's not the issure of version 3.0, i haved tested v1.4e, v2.0d, they have the same problem.

Bye the way, i am a programmer, i think to separate chinese text to keywords is not easy, because there is no simple rule to do this, it need a database include all chinese words. But the full text search is simple, please make sure the searched text and the phrase have the same encoding, they can be compared using 8-byte char.

Attached file contain one note 'note1' and one saved search, note1 include some chinese text and in it's Item Note there are some description, 'saved search' item should find something but in fact not(before search, please remove the Item Note of note1 or remove all auto-generated keywords).
Attached Files
File Type: zip chtext.zip (69.7 KB, 1017 views)

Last edited by slangmgh; 03-29-2007 at 11:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: