Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-01-2006, 12:07 AM

Access violation on import from web

When I try to import web conntent from IE or Firefox with Launchy, I get an access violation:

Error pasting text: Access violation
Exception oxoooooo5 occurred in module C:\Program Files\UltraRecall.exe at [obscure memory location]

As I can find no prior mention of this here, I assume the problem is fairly unique to my system. The error seems harmless, and the copy occurs correctly. But the error has been completely reproducible. It began with UR 2.0.

Any idea of what might be involved? I use the IE7 Beta 3, which is now pretty solid, but I don't necessarily expect compatibility. But the fact that he problem occurs in Firefox as well seems to indicate something other than an incompatibility with this version of IE. Or could that still explain it?

[btw, I use Firefox now only for such tests. My loyalties with the improvements in IE in the latest solid beta have gone firmly to the IE camp.]
Old 07-01-2006, 04:08 PM

This seems to be resolved in version 2b, which I hadn't realized was available. Missed the beta entirely.

Later--actually, not. But apparently the error is not 100% reproducilbe. I'm getting pretty convinced that it is related to the IE7 beta.

Last edited by srdiamond; 07-01-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: