Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 12:38 PM

Question I added an image and lost my data!

Hello,

I recently watched the demo videos here: http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/demos.html and was astounded.

Those are pretty powerful videos and after that there was no point further looking at competitors or even bothering with trial period. This is what I'm looking for. This is so far ahead of the competition that its scary.

When I started using it, I hit a snag straight away though.

I imported notes from Keynote. In one fairly long note that I use for "random ramblings" I added a print screen image of a web page video I was viewing.

I saved the note.

When I came back into UR, all text below the image had disappeared!

Yikes. If I hadn't had the old Keynote file I'd have lost all this data!

2 questions:

- What caused this to happen?

- Can UR automatically make incremental backups like Keynote, so you can protect data against disasters?

Luke
Old 09-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure what could cause that, but it sounds similar to http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=2036. How exactly did you add the print screen image? What version of riched20.dll are in your UR install path and C:\Windows\System32 folder? Which version/SP of Windows are you running? UR provides full undo/redo, so if that happens you should be able to undo to get back to the previous data. But if there is a bug in UR causing this to happen, we'd certainly like to fix it (specific steps to reproduce will be helpful). Thanks.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:13 AM

>> I'm not sure what could cause that, but it sounds similar to http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthr...p?threadid=2036. How exactly did you add the print screen image?

Yes that's exactly what happened to me. Images disappeared for a time. There was a blank space in the gap where the image had been but I couldn't move text into it. I looked back and forth between notes. I saved and exited. On re-entry image was present, but there was no more data below it.

>> What version of riched20.dll are in your UR install path
Version 5.0

>> and C:\Windows\System32 folder?
Version 3.0

>> Which version/SP of Windows are you running?
Windows XP Home, version 2002, SP2

>> But if there is a bug in UR causing this to happen, we'd certainly like to fix it (specific steps to reproduce will be helpful). Thanks.
I've tried and I've not been able to reproduce this.

Can UR do automatic generational backups the way Keynote does? If not I'd like to add that as a suggestion as I believe no tool is perfect.

Luke

Last edited by luke; 09-12-2006 at 02:32 AM.