Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Export subtree documents to one file

Hi,

I use UR mostly for storing web digests and notes I entered. I also have a need to export them to read in a mobile device and PDF format or HTML format seems to be great. However, I could not find a way to export or print multiple notes (e.g. a subtree of web documents) into one PDF file. I have to click each document in the tree to print to a PDF printer.

The same feature is easily accomplished in several other note tool like MyInfo or MyNotesKeeper where I can print a subtree into a PDF file.

Thanks for advice,
YF
Old 06-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Administrator

a) Select the text items to combine and use File | Print -> Item Details and print to PDF

or

b) Select the text items and use File | Export -> Item Notes to a rich text document, then export the RTF file to the device or open and print the RTF file to PDF

or

c) Check Tools | Options | Editor | Show combined text for multiple selection, then select the items to export and print to PDF
Old 06-10-2011, 02:08 PM

One more question

Thanks for prompt reply!

I tried all three options and they work for rich text notes, but for web clips, seems the format is lost after merge. So the workaround is that I would have to save web clips into rich text editor inside UR, is that right?

Thanks!
YF
Old 06-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Administrator

There isn't a way to print multiple web page items into a single document in UR. If the mobile device can handle multiple documents, you could export as HTML in UR (File | Export -> Documents and rich item text to HTML) and copy the entire exported folder to the device for browsing.

It doesn't look like MyNotesKeeper even supports storing a web page in HTML format -- it stores RTF and and not HTML with images and all formatting. The equivalent in UR would be to import as RTF (check Tools | Options | Import | Prefer text/rich text formats and copy/paste web content into UR tree).

MyInfo is similar -- the default drag/drop or copy/paste from a browser stores RTF format rather than formatted HTML. It can store a formatted web page via Insert | Web Document, but exports only its URL to a combined document.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: