Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Date Completed equals <null> only matches items containing a Date Completed attribute whose value is null (unchecked).
My question is related to non-Task items. With your test.urd, setting one row of Searh criterion: Date Completed = NULL, only task items will be shown.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Administrator

In my tests, that matches all items with a null Date Completed attribute (xyz task, the Task template, and abc appointment item in the sample).
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (74.3 KB, 909 views)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
In my tests, that matches all items with a null Date Completed attribute (xyz task, the Task template, and abc appointment item in the sample).
That was explained in my previous post in this thread. That's because the "abc" Appointment item contains "Date Completed" attribute under the Task category. if the "Date Completed" attribute is deleted from the Item Attributes pane, the "abc"Appointment item won't be shown under the "Date Completed" Search Item.

Therefore, it proves the existance of the "Date Completed" attribute does affect the search result.

Armstrong
Old 01-09-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
That an indent acts like an opening parenthesis.
I'm sorry. I'm not enthusiastically contented with the simplified version given the facts:
1. as it now becomes obvious that OR (logical operator) actually requires an additional indent in order to work.
2. the manual statement obviously describes the relationship between the criterion row and the "rest" of the search criteria. It just stops there. It doesn't explain further. It doesn't illustrate with screenshot and/or samples.

"The Relationship for the first Criteria Row in an indent level determines how the expression represented by that indent level is related to the rest of the search criteria."

Kinook, would you be very kind enough to demystify the otherwise powerful GUI search tool?

Thank you.

Armstrong
Old 01-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys
The only possibility for your Search criteria grid to succeed is to be interpreted as the following logical expression:

(Reminder >= 0 minutes AND Begin Date <= 2/6/2009 AND Begin Date>=12/19/2008) AND (Date Completed = "" OR Date Completed NOT Exists)

By merely looking up the Search criteria grid in your test.urd, it seems to present the following logical expression:

((Reminder >= 0 minutes AND Begin Date <= 2/6/2009 AND Begin Date>=12/19/2008) AND (Date Completed = "")) OR (Date Completed NOT Exists)

What went wrong with my interpretation? Please help. Thanks.

Armstrong
Kinook,
Would you please rule which interpretation is correct with reference to the "Incomplete Items" search item?
The test.zip shows:
1. "Incomplete Item" search criteria which is referred in the above question;
2. "Date Completed" search item obviously misses the "abc" Appointment item.

Please help. Thanks.

Armstrong
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (73.6 KB, 910 views)
Old 01-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Administrator

An extra indent of the 'or' row is currently needed to produce the desired expression.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Administrator

This has been fixed in the latest download.
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3902

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: