Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 11:09 PM

Ahh - much better! OK, I didn't bother with the change to view in Firefox externally - I don't want to have UR have to open a browser externally for me to view anything; that defeates the purpose of storing it in UR.

But I did edit that line of HTML out of the page source and it loads instantly now! How did you manage to determine that line was the offending code?

Anyway, I had kind of solved the problem another way. When the page finally rendered the last time I just copied all and pasted it to a text document in Notes. That pretty much accomplished what I needed: A view of the page as it had looked when I made the purchase.

But fixing the code has now worked also.

One more question, though this may not be the place to ask it. If you feel it belongs in a separate thread let me know.

When I want a copy of a web page, 99% of the time I do not need nor want the actual web page, still connected to all the links on it, etc. I mostly just need a view of the page with the visual elements intact. By that I mean each image showing but each still a separate image. Ultra Recall, along with most web page archive applications, seem to go back and grab the page independently from the web, which can obviously cause me to also get any bad coding, as you pointed out on this RegNow page. Also, Local Website Archive (LWA) - which I used for archiving web pages prior to getting UR - does the same thing. This makes it difficult to capture a lot of secure pages, since the program goes to the web and attempts to load the same URL but without having the logon credentials. Also, in Firefox I often like to remove any offending visual page elements, such as frames containing flash ads, etc. Yet since UR and LWA go out and fetch the page in IE using the URL they usually pick up all the junk I have removed from the page in Firefox, either with Web Developer or Ad Block Plus.

Is there any chance that we could see a feature or option in UR that will allow the capture of a page exactly as we are viewing it in Firefox? Basically a screen scrape?

Thank you.

Jim
Old 07-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Select part or all (Ctrl+A) of the web page in Firefox, then copy and paste into UR (or use the global import hotkey [default is Win+V -- Tools | Options | Import | Insert clipboard contents hotkey] after copying). This will import the page as provided on the clipboard by the browser instead of retrieving it again online.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: