Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Bloating Behavior Despite Linking Files

Greetings! I am linking (not storing) hundreds of files, mostly pdfs, to a main UltraRecall (mega-dump) database, and despite the fact that all the files are linked (not stored, to repeat), the size of the UR database, now already over 100 megabytes, is bloating with each pdf file being linked (now it appears that when each file is linked, the database bloats one megabyte; 50 megabytes ago the increments were much smaller).

This is very strange and deeply disturbing behavior, indeed. I plan on linking many more files, so I am very worried that I will soon have a UR file of well over half a gigabyte, when presumably everything will start to slow down considerably (and I will still have many pdfs to link).

This defeats the purpose of linking files: namely, to have links to all my pdfs in a manageable UR database. I compact the database regularly, but the bloating seems to be progressing linked file by linked file. Any suggestions? To ask again: Why is my database now well over 100 megabytes when all the pdfs are linked, not stored?