Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 10-08-2004, 07:56 AM

Question Adding Files Into SourceSafe

Good day,

I have an application that produces output in x number of binaries. I have a second application that uses those binaries. I want to put the first application's binaries into SourceSafe under the second application's project. I can do this just fine if the binaries don't vary in number. If say a binary is added to the first application, then when I build the second in VBP, the new binary is not being added into SourceSafe and that makes sense because originally I was only doing a checkin. But what I want is to get all those binaries into SourceSafe.

So my question is, is there a good way to check in everything that is in a folder, including adding files that may not be in SourceSafe?

Thanks for any help!
Old 10-08-2004, 10:17 AM

You should be able to do an VSS Add operation, specifying the folder/*.dll as the files to add (*.dll or whatever binary extension you are adding) . This should add add any files matching the wildcard that are not already in VSS.

If that doesn't work for you, you could use a Process Files step to iterate over the files that may not be in VSS and then use a VSS Add step to try to add each file individually (and ignore failure).

I think either option will work but #1 is cleaner.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: