Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 07-09-2006, 02:06 AM

Error using FTP

I'm trying to upload a file to my web hosting company. The file itself uploads nicely, but VSBld Pro complains and fails out the step because of the following error message:

7/9/2006 12:04:57 AM: Building project step 'Upload: Import Modules'...
Connecting to FTP server 'ftp.butterflyvista.com' on port 21
C:\SoftDev\Projects\ButterflyVista\Releases\Stagin g\ImMod -> Downloads/JobFish/ImMod/2006
BVTblImT.sdb
Error setting file timestamp: Access denied (File date/time cannot be set to future.)
7/9/2006 12:05:00 AM: Step 'Upload: Import Modules' failed
7/9/2006 12:05:00 AM: Build ended.

The time on my local computer is fine and accurate. I didn't see any time setting in the FTP set and nor did I use any non standard options. I just specified the Server IP, user name, password, source and destination paths, and file names to upload.

Thanks in advance,
Old 07-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Administrator

If you uncheck 'Copy only files that have changed (incremental copy)', the FTP action will not attempt to set the file timestamp after copying.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:36 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. That solved part of the problem, but now the FTP connection only uploaded one file and not the others. I saw the last file getting uploaded. The folders are correct and the one file did upload properly, but as I said only that one file and you can see the output.

Here are the settings:

============================
*** File List
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_AUJOBSERVE%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_AW%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_CBUILDER%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_CRAIG%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_DICE%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_HOTJOBS%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_MAIN%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_MONSTER%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_MONTRAK%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_UKJOBSERVE%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_UKMONSTER%
%FILE_IMMOD_RC_WSJ%
%FILE_IMMOD_SDB_LIST%

*** Output
7/10/2006 6:34:09 AM: --------------------Starting Build: 'JobFish.bld'--------------------
7/10/2006 6:34:09 AM: Building project step 'Upload: Import Modules'...
Connecting to FTP server 'ftp.butterflyvista.com' on port 21
C:\SoftDev\Projects\ButterflyVista\Releases\Stagin g\ImMod -> Downloads/JobFish/ImMod/2006
BVTblImT.sdb
1 file(s) transferred
7/10/2006 6:34:11 AM: Build successfully completed.

Local Folder: %PATH_IMMOD_STAGING%
Remote Folder: Downloads/JobFish/ImMod/%VERSION_MAJOR%
Old 07-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Please ZIP and post or send:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) A .bld file with the FTP step and all referenced macros
3) A directory listing of the source folder (include in the log file via a recursive List Files step for %PATH_IMMOD_STAGING%)
4) A build log file

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:42 AM

I can create a custom build file for you on Wednesday evening and then send it to you then. I won't be in the office till then.

As to the step, I just used ALL defaults with the exception of removing the check from the checkbox that you asked me to do and the inclusion of the three items that I posted.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume that you want a custom project and the other information and you won't continue till that pont, it will have to wait till Wednesday evening my time, so in that case you'll have it by Thursday morning. I'm on the West Coast (Los Angeles, CA).
Old 07-10-2006, 12:14 PM

Okay, I just created a new project that did more or less the same thing, but from my weekday work computer and using a temporary FTP account that I created and everything worked swimingly. All files uploaded with no negative complains on the upload.

To my knowledge there isn't any difference, so what I'll do is copy this sample to my other PC and then see what differences there are on Wednesday evening (my time). If I'm unable to determine the issue on my own given what I now know, then I'll upload the information that you want at that time. I also want to try and run this sample on my other computer and see if I get the same behavior, namely that this test build script works, but the other project doesn't. That means that the software is healthy and we're dealing with either a script error or an FTP issue.

I'll let you know on Wednesday evening either way, regardless of what I find out.

Thanks for your help,
Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 PM

That was a dumn mistake. I'm embarrased. I guess I was tired, although VBPro gave the WRONG error message, or lack of message. The other files didn't upload, becaues the other files didn't exist. I wanted to upload the DLL files, not the RC files. VBPro should have mentioned that it could not find the local files.

You might want to note that for a product update/enhancement.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:08 AM
Administrator

The include/exclude filters are treated as masks of files/folders to look for, so it's not considered an error if a value is specified and it doesn't match any files (each line could result in no, one, or multiple matches). You could add something like this to the step's vbld_StepDone script event (step properties -> Script Editor -> Edit -> Insert Event -> vbld_StepDone) if each line in the include list is a filename and you want it to fail if not all were copied:

Code:
	If Step.BuildStatus = vbldStepStatSucceeded Then
		' fail the step if didn't transfer every file listed in include list
		xfrCount = vbld_TempMacros()("FTP_TRANSFER_COUNT")
		listCount = UBound(Split(vbld_StepProp("Ext", vbString), vbCrLf))+1
		If xfrCount <> listCount Then
			Builder.LogMessage listCount & " files to transfer but only " & xfrCount & " transferred"
			Step.BuildStatus = vbldStepStatFailed
		End If
	End If
Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 AM

Cool, thanks! I implemented the code. :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: