Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 06-13-2006, 01:49 PM

InstallShield Pro 7 Question

A few of the steps near the very end of my build are running InstallShield compilers. I have noticed that the InstallShield does not compile properly, even from the IS UI, unless I delete the Media Disk images first (even if I do a refresh build). That's a problem for elsewhere. My problem here is that even when I do delete the images, it still doesn't build correctly from VisBuild, even though it does from IS.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Administrator

It sounds like an issue with IS when building from the command line (what the InstallShield action ultimately invokes to actually compile a script). You can verify this by checking the 'Log the command-line that is used' checkbox on the Options tab, rebuilding the step, then copying and pasting the command-line from the build output to a Command Prompt and running it from there. If it occurs outside of VBP, you'll need to open a support incident with the vendor of IS. Otherwise, we'll need a reproducible case to investigate further, including:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) The .bld file used to build
3) A build log file
4) An IS script that fails in this manner
Old 06-16-2006, 09:22 AM

I noticed that if I create a batch file to compile the script from within IS, and run that from VisBuild, it works just fine. So there must just be some differences between the way VisBuild creates the command line to run and the way InstallShield does. It may have something to do with the include files, I think.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Hmmm. Can you ZIP and post or send:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) The .bld file used to build
3) A build log file (with 'Log the command-line' on the Options tab of the InstallShield action checked)
4) The batch file generated by IS to compile the script
Old 06-16-2006, 02:39 PM

Here's a ZIP of the files. I didn't include the actual log, since I've moved over to the BAT files now and don't have a real log. I just set up the IS to run from VisBuild and got the command lines.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bld.zip (7.8 KB, 1198 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: