Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 AM

problem compiling VC6 file.

This is the output of the step that makes the .dsp file:

6/19/2006 4:23:03 PM: Building project step 'create fileserv.exe (test version)'...
setting project properties...building...
--------------------Configuration: fileserv - Win32 Test--------------------
Compiling resources...
Compiling...
DlgProxy.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
fileserv.cpp
fileservDlg.cpp
MySocket1.cpp
ProSolvServSocket.cpp
ProSolvSocket.cpp
test.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
Self test
...Socket opened to Found Command 'o' with 8 bytes of dataSocket opened to Socket opened to Found Command 'r' with 3 bytes of dataRead finished
OK (3)
Jun19 16:23:05 <utilGetSqValLen> Value length field 3355185(0x333231) exceeds buffer length 3(0x3)

Now, about half of the time, it will just hang at this last line. The other half of the time, it continues without any problems.

I'm not sure what the utilGetSqValLen is. It's not a part of the project, so I guess it's part of Visual Build, and I'm not sure if the hanging issue is related to this.

Like I said, the output of the step always looks like the above, but about half of the time, it will just hang there, and other times it doesn't seem to be a problem. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Administrator

It appears that the "utilGetSqValLen" line is being output by the same program that outputs the lines before that (perhaps a program is being invoked from a build event in the project/workspace). None of that output is generated by VBP itself.

It sounds like an issue with VC6 (or a program that it invokes as part of the build) when building from the command line (what the Make VC6 action ultimately invokes to actually build a workspace or project). You can verify this by checking the 'Show command-line...' checkbox on the Options tab, rebuilding the step, then copying and pasting the msdev command-lines from the build output to a Command Prompt and running it from there. If it occurs outside of VBP, you'll need to open a support incident with MS. Otherwise, we'll need a reproducible case to investigate further, including:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) The .bld file used to build
3) A build log file
4) The project being built

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: