Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] User Tips, Tricks and Samples

Old 04-12-2006, 08:13 AM

New GTD template...

We have received several requests and comments about using Ultra Recall to implement GTD (Getting Things Done by David Allen) and my curiousity about the "system" was enough for me to read the book and try it myself (using Ultra Recall, of course!).

In my initial blog I gave my take on the book, and my general impressions of GTD. Since that point I have experimented and created my own initial GTD template for Ultra Recall, which is attached (zipped) to this post. My latest blog on GTD (on the Kinook blog) gives more detail on this sample and my ongoing experience with GTD...

Note: Due to the flexibility of Ultra Recall, many different ways to solve organizational problems with it exist. I mention this to underscore that my alternative GTD implementation is not necessarily superior to other user GTD submissions, but seemed more intuitive to me for my personal needs. Your mileage may vary and you will likely want to incorporate concepts from multiple templates to achieve an optimal solution for your unique situation.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gtd.zip (151.2 KB, 9813 views)
Old 07-14-2006, 11:38 AM

I've hacked your template around a bit, since I think comfort helps foster trust, and trust makes GTD work...

but boy, this is cool. I can throw in links to all my testing documents, IM conversations, email messages, weblinks to bugs, etc...

I've noticed a few warts here and there, but so far I love UR enough that I think it's going to become full of all my GTD / reference stuff.

One thing I noticed was that the searches built around 'keywords' for contexts, like "doesn't contain the following keywords", didn't work. So if the search said, "context: doesn't contain keywords: Waiting, Deferred"... items that were waiting or deferred would still appear.

I'm still figuring out the search stuff - it's not push-button simple so maybe there's just a learning curve.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:48 AM

Hmm, I can't reproduce the search oddness you are reporting.

If you are still seeing this behavior, please ZIP and post (or send to support@kinook.com) a small sample .urd file with some items and a saved search the reproduce the problem and we will take a look.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: