Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 04-06-2006, 02:20 AM

"Notes," the Attribute

"Notes" appears in the Attribute pane. I speculate that this attribute corresponds to something connected with the Notes pane. Parallelism with the other attributes suggests that this field would apprise the user of the existence or non-existence of actual notes, situated in the Notes pane. The "Notes" field in the Attributes pane, however, remains empty when the Notes pane accrues content. Yet it isn't possible to enter data directly in the Notes field. So I'm thinking this is probably a bug.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:22 AM

This technically isn't a bug (although it wasn't intentionally introduced) and could be considered a feature (see this forum post).

Other than the superscript suggestion (not trivial to implement), we haven't identified a better way to indicate the presence of Item Notes so we are inclined at this point to leave the current behavior. The "virtual" Item Notes attribute is readonly and can't be deleted, so you still must edit notes in the Item Notes field, but it clearly indicates the presence of notes and can be used for efficient searches (Advanced Search with a criteria of: Item Notes Exists).

Thoughts?
Old 04-06-2006, 10:31 AM

Yeah, it's OK as it is. I hadn't seen the whole picture. The Notes attribute appears only when the Notes pane is populated.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
Thoughts?
Yes. Why not (in addition to how UR currently informs of the presence of a note) add an option to have the icon on the Item Notes pane tab blink at the presence of a note for the selected InfoItem? Just a thought.

Leoram

Last edited by Leoram; 04-06-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:57 AM

i'd say a possibly easier options would be to do a graphical prefix to the info-item in the data pane if there is a note present.

This graphic would of course simply be a tiny picture of a note.

Would this be easier than a superscript?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
... , so you still must edit notes in the Item Notes field, but it clearly indicates the presence of notes and can be used for efficient searches (Advanced Search with a criteria of: Item Notes Exists).

Thoughts?
Could you please add the same Search criteria to "Item Text"? The Item Text doesn't have "Exists" "Does not Exists", but I many times wanted to search exactly for this, ie. whether there is something written in Item Text, otherwise I'm bound to use wildcard match, which is too slow ...

Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: