Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 12:16 PM

The files in the mainline branch are being labeled, I don't understand why?

I didn't notice this until today, but the mainline branch has all the labels that were created for a repository in a child branch. When I use the 'Surround SCM' action step, I specify the child branch, the repository, and the items to be label. I was looking to see if I had an option checked which would create a label for the specified branch and the parent branch or mainline also. I didn't found one. I also looked for a promotion option, but nothing. Why is this happening? Thankfully, the mainline branch files are not being modified, but the label I'm creating for the child branch is showing up when I check the history of the mainline branch files? Could it be that I'm using labeling improperly? I'm creating a label indicating the new updated version number. The files in the child branch are being modified, and the version number in Surround is being incremented, as it should be. Can someone tell me what's going on? Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: