Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-11-2006, 07:32 AM

Another scroll bar issue

Hi,

(This is unrelated to the recent scroll bar issue as I am not running WindowBlins or any other skin / shell utility; what I describe happens in plain old Windows 2000).

I'm running the excellent new UR 1.4 and greatly enjoying the various enhancements and new features. One potential bug that I came across today is that I can't see the whole item details pane.

I have set a three pane layout: data explorer on the left, item details top right and other panes on tabs bottom right. The bottom right panes seem to be hiding part of the item details.

As I scroll down within a text in the details of an RTF item, I see the scroll bar moving "behind" the bottom right panes and I can't see the end of the text. Indeed, if I close all bottom right panes I see the "missing" text. (screenshot attached)

As far as I remember, I hadn't had any similar experience in previous versions. Indeed, I expected the item details to adjust its height to accomodate the other panes.

alx
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Yes the details pane should resize to the space given to it. I have not been able to reproduce this behavior on Windows 2000 SP4. I set it up with 1024x768 resolution, configured the panes like you have them, and all panes including details are always sized correctly (with the down button on the vertical scroll bar always positioned at the bottom of the pane).

There are some differences about your screen shot that I noticed. The background of the start menu and other menus appears to be white rather than the default grey, and the system appears to be using Sans Serif for the GUI font rather than the default Tahoma. Are you running a non-English language version of Windows? Have any other customizations from the defaults been made?

Can you ZIP and post or send to support@kinook.com

1) a .urd with an item containing the text shown in your screenshot
2) an export of the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall (using regedit.exe)
Old 01-12-2006, 06:04 AM

OK, I've sent the files requested along with the relevant screenshots.

I'm running the standard international version of Windows 2000; my regional settings are configured for Greece. The same goes for my home PC which is running Windows XP with Greek regional settings. In both PCs all menus etc are english.

I might have changed a couple of fonts and screen colours through Dektop / Properties / Settings. However, I think the screen font colours are rather washed down due to the GIF conversion from the Gadwin Printscreen utility.

I had no trouble with the scroll bar there and, as far as I remember, I have only witnessed this with UR 1.4 final release, though I can't say I tested the beta extensively.

That's it for now; let's see what you can make of it.

Best
Alexander
Old 01-12-2006, 06:05 AM

"I had no trouble with the scroll bar there" in the message above refers to my home PC with Windows XP.

alx
Old 01-12-2006, 07:13 AM
Administrator

The problem here is that your lower right pane is floating, not docked. To dock it, either double click the pane caption or left-click to select, then right-click and uncheck 'Floating'.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:06 AM

Brilliant, thanks!

I think with all this versatility in UR it will be quite a while before I consider that I actually know the program.

Thanks again,
alx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: