Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 10-08-2007, 09:39 AM

Estimating file size

I often wish to attach documents that I hold in UR to emails and need an indication of the likely size once exported. The attributes pane gives no indication even of the compressed size and I wonder if there is some other way (apart from making the export) to get an idea of compressed or uncompressed size? (Proably I am missing something very obvious)
Old 10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Administrator

For stored document items, the uncompressed size is available in the Document Size attribute (the compressed size is in the Compressed Size attribute [not shown by default -- show via Tools | Options | Attributes]).

The size of text items is not available this way, but Tools | Text Statistics should give a rough estimate (unless the item contains images).
Old 10-08-2007, 11:19 AM

Thank you for that. It is, of course, those documents with images that one most needs to know the size of because they tend to be so large.

If there were in a future edition a field in the attributes window indicating at least compressed size, I would certainly find that useful.

Meantime, I don't find it takes too long to export to Explorer to check the size, so the issue is not enormously important.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: