Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 05-21-2007, 12:47 AM

Rich Text in Document Template possible ?

Currently I'm using a modified Document Template (I call it FromWeb) whose primary attribute is URL and I have added a few attributes such as Topic, Key Thought

Once I save a webpage, I would change the template to the Fromweb and then I can add a comment to Topic, Key Thought.

The only problem I face now is how to be able to have Rich Text in Topic, Key Thought so that perhaps I can highlight, bold text some parts of the comments I add into my user defined Attributes.

I notice that this can be done if the template is Text for example.

Last edited by bookman; 05-21-2007 at 04:08 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:36 AM

Re: Rich Text in Document Template possible ?

Quote:
Originally posted by bookman
I notice that this can be done if the template is Text for example.
rtf attributes? Can you post a screenshot? I doubt this can be done, and it would be an overkill IMHO
Old 05-21-2007, 03:01 AM

Re: Re: Rich Text in Document Template possible ?

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
rtf attributes? Can you post a screenshot? I doubt this can be done, and it would be an overkill IMHO
I think you are right.

I think I was mistaken about Rich Text Attributes. My eyes must be playing tricks on me.

But you certainly can have Rich Text in the note itself but not in the attributes.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:35 AM

What I'm looking for is really how to combine a Document with a Text Template or at least one that can be like a Text Template where I can highlight and bold text that I place in time but at the same time to be able to attached a webpage to it.

I cannot achieve this with a Document type template since any user added attribute would not accept formating.

On the other hand, I cannot achieve this with a Text template either since although I can highlight and otherwise apply formatting to the text (though not in the user added attributes) I cannot attach a stored webpage within the item itself (except perhaps as a child to it which is not what I want)
Old 05-21-2007, 03:45 AM

what about using item notes for your "where I can highlight and bold text that I place in time" and use item details itself for a website. If you display item details pane and item notes pane, your problem is solved ...
Old 05-21-2007, 03:57 AM

Talking

That, is a stroke of genius and qualifies one to be a member of Mensa I think.

It's a brilliant workaround that I did not see as I have not gotten used to having the item notes pane kept open.

I will try out your wonderful idea and see if I come against any usability roadblocks.

But I do certainly hope that UR programmers can somehow allow us to have a combination Document/Text Template so we don't have to resort to workarounds.

Thanks a million. You have made my day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: