Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 01-23-2006, 01:50 PM

Continuous Failure Loop

I ran into a problem with the failure steps of one of my build scripts. The first Filure step calls a Global Sub Routine called Rollback Vs.Net solution to Latest Backup. Now, if one of the steps of this sub routine fails then the Failure Steps start over and I get into a continuous loop that never ends.

What is the best way to prevent this?

I have tried checking Continue Building and that has no effect. I have tried to specify a build failure step and that has no effect either.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Either uncheck the 'Build failure steps' checkbox on the global subroutine steps that get called from failure steps or set the failure subroutine to call on those steps to a failure subroutine that doesn't include the same steps that are called for other steps that might fail. The second method worked in my tests; please ZIP and post/send a reproducible test case for "I have tried to specify a build failure step and that has no effect either."
Old 01-23-2006, 03:51 PM

Sounds like you are saying that Failure Steps can only call global sub routines that have the "Build Failure Steps" checkbox selected. Is that the case?
Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Administrator

No, it can work either way, but if it is checked, you'll need to ensure that a failing failure step doesn't get called again if the global subroutine step called from a failure step fails.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: