Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 02-12-2009, 04:13 PM

Question ADO and Access 2007

(1) I am able to use ADO feature to communicate with an Access 2003 database but receive an error (invalid format) when using a 2007 version of the same database - is Access 2007 supported and if not why and when might it be?

(2) When I return some results (using the 2003 db) into the ADO_RS macro, all I get is <object> rather than data - what might I be doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
Old 02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Re: ADO and Access 2007

Quote:
Originally posted by RogueElement
(1) I am able to use ADO feature to communicate with an Access 2003 database but receive an error (invalid format) when using a 2007 version of the same database - is Access 2007 supported and if not why and when might it be?
I was able to use the ADO action with an Access 2007 database and Access 2007. Using the Server.bld sample (Database -> ADO section), I upgraded the sample.mdb to Access 2007 format, and the steps worked afterwards. I would guess that something is misconfigured with Access and/or ADO if it's not working. Make sure Access 2007 is installed and that the ADO Access driver is using Access 2007.

Quote:
(2) When I return some results (using the 2003 db) into the ADO_RS macro, all I get is <object> rather than data - what might I be doing incorrectly?
The ADO_RS temporary macro is the ADO recordset object. See the Server.bld sample for iterating over the recordset after it has been populated.
http://www.kinook.com/VisBuildPro/Manual/ado.htm
http://www.kinook.com/VisBuildPro/Ma...rversample.htm
Old 02-12-2009, 05:18 PM

Thank you for the quick reply - I found the information related to question (2) - that works.

In regards to question (1) - I did the same thing - upgrade the sample.mdb to sample.accdb - received the following:

"Opening connection to 'C:\DOCUME~1\jbelloch\LOCALS~1\Temp\VisBuildPro\sa mple.accdb' with Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 provider...
Unrecognized database format 'C:\DOCUME~1\jbelloch\LOCALS~1\Temp\VisBuildPro\sa mple.accdb'."

How would I confirm that my ADO/Access driver is the correct one (if that is the cause of by issue) since Access 2007 is installed? My Access installation was installed normally, is there something I need to configure?

Thanks again,
Old 02-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Administrator

On second glance, it looks like Access 2007 created an .mdb and .accdb file when converting, and I was still using the .mdb file (pre-2007 format). For .accdb files, you need to use

Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0

in the Provider field.

http://www.google.com/search?q=acces...edb%20provider
Old 02-13-2009, 11:56 AM

Thumbs up

Thank you - that works.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: