Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 10-04-2004, 09:38 AM

Question vbld_BuildDone event not firing?

I'm trying to display the build's log files (I define three) using the user's default file association at the end of the build. I added some simple scripting to the vbld_BuildDone event function that determines the log file names and then calls the Run method on the Shell object (I actually tried the Exec method as well). I've assumed that I was doing something wrong in script (still may be the case), but if I try something as simple as a MsgBox "vbld_BuildDone entered!" it never displays. I've added the vbld_BuildDone function to the Project scripts tab, and when I execute the project, whether through the GUI App or Cmd line App, it never seems to enter the vbld_BuildDone function. I'm using VisualBuildPro 5.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill
Old 10-04-2004, 01:28 PM

How did you create the vbld_BuildDone event? Did you create it using the Events button, or by manually entering it?

Attached is an example bld that calls MsgBox in the vbld_BuildDone event, and it works as expected for me.

Perhaps you didn't use the correct method signature when you manually created the method? Ie. you didn't include the status parameter?
Attached Files
File Type: bld vbld_done_event.bld (299 Bytes, 959 views)
Old 10-04-2004, 03:51 PM

Wink Problem found.

I inserted the function using the Events button on the script editor dialog, so the signature was correct. Unfortunately, I placed a number of MsgBox calls throughout the function but failed to add one as the first line. I was failing in my attempt to create a Shell object (operator error!) and hence was never hitting my first MsgBox. My fault completely. Your sample was helpful because I just replaced my vbld_BuildDone function with yours which of course worked.

Regards,

Bill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: