Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 11-01-2007, 05:13 PM

webpage import to wrong database

I have 6 databases open all the time, grouped on the Databases toolbar.

If I want to import something from Firefox, switching to UR, I realize db1 is open but I switch to db2 as that's where I need to import. Switching back to FF, clicking the "Copy to UR" button, webpage gets imported.

The problem is it usually gets imported to db1 instead of db2.

Everything is latest version (UR, FF, FF UR plugin).

Is that bug in UR or operator?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:02 PM

I have question that doesn't answer yours: why are you working w 6 db's?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
I have question that doesn't answer yours: why are you working w 6 db's?
I have one major with most of the stuff, but prefer to have a standalone db for some specific purposes, and one of them I might be sharing so it's better to keep it separate.
I know I could keep everything in the major one, but there is no strong reason. The navigation is easier with small db, for one example Link/move function doesn't take ages to click through all the way to the target.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Administrator

When importing from other applications, UR will use the database that was last active.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
When importing from other applications, UR will use the database that was last active.
What exactly means "active" ?
Is there something more needed for activation than just clicking the database button on the toolbar ?

I have one db open. Now I want to import from firefox, so I will click that another db (where I want to import to) button on the toolbar, and even click on a different item than the default one in that another db, so that the db "gets activated".

Yet when I switch back to FF, and click the UR plugin icon, the import works but not on the active db, but on the previously opened one.

It's happening often, but not all the time. I can't reproduce it in 100% of cases.

But if it's only me who has this problem, I'll stop hunting it for the time being.

Could this be related: in another of the 6 databases, not involved in the above frequent incident, I had 3 recurring appointments setup for each day. They were not popping up for a long time (weeks), but suddenly started appearing again few days ago. I have noticed the same, though for shorter time periods, in the past as well. Could that be also connected with the fact that that database wasn't "active" eventhough it's located on my database toolbar thus getting opened (I hope) with every start of Ultrarecall?

Last edited by TMF; 11-04-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: