Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-17-2006, 10:37 AM

document data explorer too fast with new topic

When I create a new topic the text "New text" pops up quickly but then doesn't allow for one to change the title to something more descriptive. To change the topic I have to press F2 and then make the change. Would it not be possible for the cursor to rest on the new topic indicator and make it immediately editable?
Old 08-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Administrator

That works ok here (stays in rename mode after inserting a new text item until Enter, Esc or Tab is pressed or clicking with the mouse in another pane or on another item). Which version of UR are you running? You're inserting a Text item?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:19 PM

I am using UR professional 2.0d. on a rather plain PC with XP2 SP2, 750meg Memory and a couple of hard drives.
If I go to Insert Sibling, the insert comes up easily enough, but my curson ends up in the document window, or roughly where the Insert Sibling note pops up when I right click on the menu Is is not in the topics window, so I have to go there and use F2 to make the edit.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Administrator

What kind of item are you inserting? What sort of viewer is in the Item Details pane (is that what you mean by document window?)?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:51 AM

In the data explorer pane I am just inserting a new topic name. In the data Item pane I am just writing text.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Administrator

If you create a new database, focus the Data Explorer pane, and press Insert, does the new 'New Text' item remain in rename mode in the Data Explorer tree until you press Enter/Tab/Esc, click elsewhere, or switch to another app?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:21 PM

No. When I start a new database, and insert a new topic the screen blinks for a second and then the cursor ends up in the data item window. New text in the data explorer window is bolded, but that is all.
The data item window defaults to a word screen. Does that make a difference.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Administrator

That could explain it. Word, when hosted as an OLE server (which the hosted IE browser does when .doc is added to Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser), does tend to force focus to itself, which could interfere with UR rename mode. UR can't do much about that since it doesn't have any direct knowledge of or interaction with Word.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:53 PM

I will leave it at that. I like using word within UR (although it is a relatively poor marriage) so will leave things as they are.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: