Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 05-17-2007, 05:46 PM

recurrence in XX minutes

The lowest recurrence denominator in UR is daily.

Please consider adding one where user could define custom duration in minutes.

I have some regular, and some motivational items (eg. motivational reminders), where I need lower recurrence, even hours would have helped, but I guess if there was one that would allow to enter custom duration in minutes, it would satisfy all the possible variations of "under 1 day" recurrence patterns.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:53 AM

Perhaps you have already considered this method....

For my motivational reminders I do this.

I set an Appointment that recurs daily at 7am. Each time the reminder pops up, I snooze it to be reminded again in x minutes. When I am done being prodded err motivated for the day - I dismiss it. Then the next day, I do this all over again...
Old 05-18-2007, 06:26 PM

Another alternative is as follows:

You have an inspirational note in the AM, Noon, PM

Create 3 ticklers:
tickler 1 is for day 1 @ begin time 9:15am, recurring daily
tickler 2 is for day 1 @ begin time 12N, recurring daily
tickler 3 is for day 1 @ begin 4:45pm, recurring daily

HTH
Old 05-19-2007, 01:41 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm aware of the alternatives.

The general issue (for the lack of better word) I have with Ultrarecall is that many functionalities can be done through some trick or non-standard alternative approach.

I appreciate how powerful UR is, but if those non-standard approaches could be replaced by implementation of more straightforward standard approaches over time, that would be very helpful.

Because that's why I went for UR, to make my life easier, not making it more complex (in this case, cluttering my database with 5 times more items, or having to remember/lookup in how many minutes each of them recurs). This one is really a minor issue, and I wouldn't even bother much about it alone, just thought to post this general comment in this thread, as similar thoughts came to mind several times in the past already.

This (general issue, not the recurrence thing) was the main reason why I hesitated with purchase for so long, and only decided to jump on the bandwagon because of the special price offer (and still being in more or less a trial mode). If the interface and the functionality felt more standard/less awkward, I would have purchased right away.

This is not a complaint, UR is very powerful. Just a feedback. The more standard behavior of applications (ie. the less tricks and round-abouts needed) and the more visual GUI (I'm not complaining about GUI being bad, but about it lacking some aspects for the majority of visual thinkers in the population), the more users IMHO.

Again, thanks for replies, and thanks for Kinook for such a powerful application.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: