Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-06-2007, 09:38 AM

Question How to customise contact template ?

How do I make the contact template show just what I want, deleting fields I dont need and renaming fields like State: to something else?

Or is it possible to make a fresh template from scratch?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:44 PM

Re: How to customise contact template ?

Quote:
Originally posted by eno
How do I make the contact template show just what I want, deleting fields I dont need and renaming fields like State: to something else?

Or is it possible to make a fresh template from scratch?
I believe you can change the system contact template & you can also start a new one from scratch.

I chose the latter choice. There are some things in the system contact form like the action buttons that are not available to users creating a new form however the action, itself, like launch an email or launch a browser address are available via <CTRL>Q if memory serves me.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:57 PM

This is NEW in UR Professional 3 - the ability to create custom forms and a custom form for contacts.

I don't believe you can edit the "default" contact form but you can create a new one (without the Send/go buttons).

Use Tools/Forms to create a new form for your contacts then in the Contact Template Attribute Pane- change the Attribute 'Form' to the name of your new form....

Last edited by $bill; 03-06-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 PM

Thanks for the advice, will try
Old 03-06-2007, 03:17 PM

I have now mastered the forms and form editor but to me it seems strange that ALL fields or attributes should not be customisable, with all options available including the send and go buttons, even on the system templates.

After all, Ultra Recall is for data recall so why not be able to set it up how I would like to enter that data.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eno
[snip]it seems strange that ALL fields or attributes should not be customisable, with all options available including the send and go buttons, even on the system templates. [/snip]
Without commenting on strangeness of situation, just wanted to make sure you knew you could launch URLs & email addys directly from form via <CTRL>Q.

FWIW, I asked Kyle the same question & got the same answer as above.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Administrator

It goes back to the 80/20 principle. We must constantly balance between making a feature available at all and making a feature comprehensive (providing every facet that every user could possibly desire). In this case, we ended up implementing custom user forms without buttons. We may eventually add that, but as was mentioned, you can get the equivalent functionality of buttons via Ctrl+Q or Item | Open Shortcut on the menu.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:33 AM

Kinook, thanks for the reply, I do understand and I know all users are different.

I swaped from Ask sam to UR so commend you on your software. Apart from the usefulness of your software, one reason was you have a forum and your software seems to be developed from user feedback, and you give feedback from the company.

Am on v3 - keep up the good work.

PS. I will still ask questions and give suggestions but that is the way good software develops.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: