Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 06:08 AM

Accessing updates Date Modified

I carried out a simple search and find that whenever I click on an item in the results pane the date modified gets changed to today's date. This makes UR virtually useless for what I use it for; all my searches that are ordered by date modified will end up showing items at the top of the list that shouldn't be there, making it very difficult to find what I want.

Why has UR started doing this? What is getting updated when I just look at an item? And how can I restore the previous modified dates so that I can get my data into a decent order again?

The items affected are based on a custom template. Since UR version 3 the template has a form attached, but I don't understand why just looking at the item should change the date modified.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:50 AM

The modified date shouldn't change if you just look at the item, maybe you meant access date?

Look in the setting, miscellaneous, delay before updating item access date ... this is exactly what you're looking for!

Last edited by quant; 03-20-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:43 AM

quant, no, I definitely meant Date Modified.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Administrator

The Date Modified of an item should only change if one or more of the item's attributes actually change (which should create an undoable action). We weren't able to reproduce this behavior when navigating to Appointment or Task items in Search Results. Please ZIP and send or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) Run RegEdit and export the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options"
3) A .urd file with an item that demonstrates the problem
4) Detailed steps using the .urd file from #3 to cause this behavior

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:45 PM

I've tried it again in my main database and a test one and thankfully it's not happening now. There's no doubt, however, that this morning whenever I clicked on an item in the search results pane the Date Modified attribute was updated to the current date and time.

Is there any way to alter the Date Modified attribute so I can change it back?

This looks like an intermittent problem. I've been having others, such as vertical scroll bars sometimes disappearing in the item details pane on long items, only re-appearing after I've closed UR down and started it up again.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by dasymington
Is there any way to alter the Date Modified attribute so I can change it back?
Temporarily set your system clock to the desired date/time, then select the item(s) to update and modify an attribute value (for instance, Access Count).

Quote:
This looks like an intermittent problem. I've been having others, such as vertical scroll bars sometimes disappearing in the item details pane on long items, only re-appearing after I've closed UR down and started it up again.
We have seen the following: On a form, in the rich text field, if the text fits without scrolling (no scrollbar), when entering or pasting text into the field such that the text exceeds the non-scrolling area, the scroll bar appears but is disabled (non-scrollable via the mouse, but the text does still scroll when navigating via the keyboard) until refreshing (F5 or View | Refresh). This appears to be a bug in the MS rich edit control itself.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Temporarily set your system clock to the desired date/time, then select the item(s) to update and modify an attribute value (for instance, Access Count).
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.