Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 08-31-2005, 01:59 PM

Hooks into Shadow Desktop

I realize it's probably heresy to say so, but I think Outlook generally sucks. I don't use it for mail, since I prefer webmail, and in my experience it's been easier and cleaner to sync the various Palm devices I've had over the years with Palm Desktop rather than Outlook.

But I've become a pretty big fan of Shadow Plan for the Palm for use with GTD, because:

1) I prefer to do my GTD project overviews and Next Action identification on the Palm rather than at the computer, because it allows me to do that anywhere and at any time, and

2) I like the ability to create Next Actions (To-Dos) - as well as linking to calendar items, contacts, and memos - directly within Shadow Plan, and have them all tied together neatly on the Palm.

Ultra Recall lends itself pretty well to the gamut of GTD areas, including Goals, Maybe/Someday, Projects, and Reference Materials (local files, captured web pages, etc). I'm especially anxious for the Firefox integration and item tickler features scheduled for the next release. It's the Palm synchronization component that is the stumbling block.

As it stands now, I plan to use Ultra Recall only for the Reference Materials part of GTD, which I don't really plan to carry on my Palm device anyway. But I'd love to be able to integrate the Goals, Someday/Maybe, and Projects portion into a single desktop interface along with the Reference Materials, and tie just those parts of GTD back to the Palm. And it seems like being able to synchronize those parts of GTD with Shadow Desktop might be the most straightforward way to accomplish that.

Anybody else use Shadow Plan for GTD on the Palm?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: