Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 05-30-2007, 03:51 PM

Resume after Rebooting the system

Hi All
After I install our product in some cases I need to reboot the system, but there are still scrips remaining to be executed after install, is there a was to continue running the rest of the steps after reboot is completed?
I searched the forum but didn't have much luck. any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 AM
Administrator

A few options:

1) Save the build status in the project file and exit the build at the reboot point. When the project is built again, it will continue with uncompleted steps. At the end of the build, save the project without build status so it starts at the beginning the next time. See http://www.visualbuild.com/Manual/savestatussample.htm for ideas.

2) Use a conditional build rule for the pre-reboot group of steps, building only if some macro is defined. At the point where a reboot is required, create that macro (as a global macro) and exit the build. At the end of the build, delete the global macro so the build starts from the beginning the next time.

3) Break the build into two separate .bld projects. Build the first one when doing a full build (chaining to the second if a reboot is not needed), and the second one when starting from a reboot after the first finished.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: