Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 AM

Question VB6 VBG Compile

We have two VB6 VBP file in one VBG like below.

D:\DLL\PROGRAM1.VBP -> ActiveX DLL
D:\EXE\PROGRAM1.VBP -> EXE
D:\EXE\PROGRAM1.VBG

When we open PROGRAM1.VBG in VB6 IDE it will automatically load both apps with the same name and when we compile we choose File -> Make Project Group... in the IDE menu and compile both apps producing PROGRAM1.DLL for the activex and PROGRAM.EXE for the EXE.

I compiled the PROGRAM1.VBG in Visual Build but it always failed. Below is the excerp of the help file.

Note: The Make VB6 Action requires that all VBP filenames within a single VBG be unique. If multiple projects in the group have the same filename, rename the VBP files so that they are unique, and update the VBG with the changes as well. The project names stored in the VBP files do not need to be changed (but be aware that it is dangerous to have multiple VB COM projects with the same project name since this can result in ProgID clashes when registered).

Is there any workaround for this?

What I have in mind is compile first the activex PROGRAM1.VBP and then compile PROGRAM1.VBP for the EXE but how do I reference the newly created activex DLL in the PROGRAM1.VBP for the EXE?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Old 03-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Administrator

As that note states, rename one of the .vbp files and update the .vbg accordingly.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:23 AM

Do we have any alternative? I just can't rename the file it's been there for years.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Administrator

What prevents you from renaming it (why would its age matter)? If needed, you could automate from the build:
1) Rename one of the .VBP files using the Rename Files action (i.e., PROGRAM1.VBP -> PROGRAM1_.VBP).
2) In the .VBG file, replace the VBP filename using the Replace in File action (i.e., replace DLL\PROGRAM1.VBP with DLL\PROGRAM1_.VBP).
Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 AM

OK, thanks.

I was thinking of renaming it without renaming it back to it's original name.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: