Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 05-03-2007, 09:03 AM

Question Call Powershell script?

I have a build script that calls another program to deploy the built ASP.NET web application. I have an environment variable set up in VBP to indicate what environment the script is to deploy to. Prior to doing this, the config files for the web application need to be updated with the correct values.

Another developer here has written a Powershell script to do this. If I run it at the command line, it works fine. I've wrapped it in a batch file as well, and it works fine. If I try to call it either way from VBP, I get "Access to the path is denied." I've played with the security (giving 'Everyone' full control) in the directories this script is working with, and it always fails the same way - it's driving me nuts!

I'm using the VBP 'Run Program' action to call this. Can someone help me get to the bottom of this? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Administrator

PowerShell doesn't seem to be able to open the stdin/out pipe created by VBP. Use a command like

powershell ... >%TEMP%\out.txt

and configure the step to read output from %TEMP%\out.txt instead of Standard output.

We have found a workaround for the problem which will be implemented in the next release.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: