Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 01-26-2005, 11:33 AM

Compact and Repair

Does the repair portion of the Compact and Repair feature really need to put all the default text back into each of the item details? It doesn't "change" the data if I've modified it, but if I wipe it out, it puts the default text back in, and I must have deleted it because I don't want it in there :-/ (I know, I know, as with the Printed Page Footers I could just put a space in there, but then when I export the root item I don't want that document to get exported just because it contains a space).

Also, it would be nice if the compact and repair feature "remembers" the options that I chose from the previous time I used that feature. Same with the Export - Select Destations dialog. I would like it to remember that I want to export the child items and *not* display the folder after export. As it is now, I have to click on both of those options every time I do an export because both of the "defaults" are not what I want. Perhaps this would be a great feature to implement with many (all?) of the other dialogs. This would make UR *much* more user friendly, IMO.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:41 AM

You are correct, Basic Repair should not behave as you have mentioned, I would consider this a "bug".

BTW, Repair is not something that you should routinely need to do. For that matter, Compact isn't necessary either (if free space is created in an Info Databse due to deletes, this space will be reclaimed when additional information is later added).

We will address this and the other issues you mention in a future release.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
You are correct, Basic Repair should not behave as you have mentioned, I would consider this a "bug".

BTW, Repair is not something that you should routinely need to do. For that matter, Compact isn't necessary either (if free space is created in an Info Databse due to deletes, this space will be reclaimed when additional information is later added).

We will address this and the other issues you mention in a future release.
Thanks for the info regarding Repair, and for the support regarding the "bug".

It will be great to have UR more user friendly by "remembering" the options throughout the user interface! The support for UR just rocks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: