Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 11-16-2006, 06:31 PM

"Postpone Until" Option

I use UR extensively for managing my task list. I create searches to filter the task list according to Begin Date, Due Date, etc... Currently, it's a bit of a pain to reschedule tasks, because I have to go to the calendar, figure out the exact date I want to reschedule the task to, insert the date, etc... It's a lot of extra steps and wasted time thinking about dates.

It would be great if UR had a "Postpone Until" right-click context menu option. When the user selects this option, a submenu would popup with choices such as:

* Tomorrow
* Next Week
* One Week from Now
* Next Month
* One Month from Now

When a user postpones an Info Item, UR would automatically set the the appropriate "Begin Date" attribute for the Info Item. If the Info Item doesn't already have the "Begin Date" attribute, it would automatically add that attribute to the Info Item.

By the way, this feature is present in Outlook 2007 and having previously used Outlook to manage my task list, I definitely miss having this feature in UR.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the suggestion.

For now, you can approximate this by focusing the date attribute (by clicking on it or Ctrl+4, then scrolling to it), then press Alt+C to show the calendar and

right arrow (tomorrow)
down arrow (one week)
page down (one month)
page down, home (next month)

And press Enter to update the attribute with that date.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: