Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 01:41 PM

"cannot load database"

Recently my computer packed up, and I had to, erm, upgrade to Vista - something of a curate's egg among operating systems. UltraRecall is running fine, but every now and then it produces a new error message. 'Error opening file(s), cannot load database.' Or words to that effect. It sounds very alarming, but the database has been loaded and the files opened, and everything seems fine. So what's happening, and how worried should I be?
Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Re: "cannot load database"

Quote:
Originally posted by Hilary
Recently my computer packed up, and I had to, erm, upgrade to Vista - something of a curate's egg among operating systems.
Oops :^).

Quote:
UltraRecall is running fine, but every now and then it produces a new error message. 'Error opening file(s), cannot load database.' Or words to that effect. It sounds very alarming, but the database has been loaded and the files opened, and everything seems fine. So what's happening, and how worried should I be?
We actually have tested quite a bit on Vista and haven't encountered this problem. When does the problem occur? When opening a database? When opening a file (and what exactly does this mean?)? If everything seems fine, it could just be a harmless message. The next time it happens, please ZIP and send or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) Run RegEdit and export the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options"
3) The .urd file that the problem occurred with
4) The exact error message or screen shot

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:12 AM

It happens when UR is already open (with several tabs) and I shift the focus back to UR from another program. Ie I am not actually opening anything. I click 'OK' to acknowledge the message and continue as normal. It certainly seems to be harmless.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: