Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 AM

Exclamation Vault client exception

When running Vault arguments directly from command-line, everything works fine. When running Vault arguments from VisualBuildPro the Vault client will crash.

1) Set working folder in Vault
2) Run a SUBST command (Associates a path with a drive letter)
3) Run a “Set Current Dir” command in VisualBuildPro to the subst dir
4) Do a Check-in or SetWorkingFolder in Vault will crash the client.

If I skip step 3, the vault client will not crash. Also, when testing different options I sometimes get the following error message: The connection to the server failed: server cannot be contacted or uses a protocol that is not supported by this client. 1000 : FailNotValidLogin. I assume that Vault (3.0.1) and VisualBuildPro (5.6b) is not fully integrated. To bad actually, they are both nice tools
Old 01-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Administrator

I was unable to reproduce either of these behaviors using VBP 5.6b and Vault 3.0.1 client (against the sourcegear test server). I was able to reproduce a crash in the Vault client if the current directory wasn't set back to a valid drive+path after deleting the subst drive (this sequence has a consistent although slightly different behavior from a batch file: the shell complains about the directory being invalid and won't execute the vault command).

I've attached a modified version of the Vault.bld sample that follows the described steps below. Does the 2nd setworkingfolder step fail in your case? I've also attached a equivalent batch file also test to see if the behavior differs there vs VBP. Both work successfully here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vaulttest.zip (1.6 KB, 964 views)
Old 01-12-2005, 05:47 AM

Thumbs up

All set current dir commands is working OK, but I didn't set current dir back to original after I deleted the subst dir. The Vault SetWorkingFolder was set to the original folder (no subst) before the subst command was made, and the next Vault command was after the substs delete command.

The solution was to make a new Set Current Dir after deleting the subst path.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: